Sunday, April 20, 2008

Turning the page...

Now that a couple weeks have passed since the 'change' in the morning on MIKE-FM, I've decided to implement a blog for the MIKE-FM Morning Show. I thought this would be a great way to involve you listeners with some dialog and open a new line of communication beyond the traditional 'over the radio' method. With the MIKE-FM website being all about keeping in touch with Lansing and Mid-Michigan via the internet, I figured what better way to extend this than to have a "MIKE'S MORNING SHOW BLOG". Ain't this new-fangled web thing a hoot!

As you probably have been aware, there has been a different 'sound' lately on the show - a very music intensive one. This is a transition period for the show while the powers that be at MIKE-FM decide on what will take place and who will host a new "MIKE'S MORNING SHOW". For now, I'm still here bringing you Mid-Michigan's best music mix in the morning along with quick checks of the sports and weather on the half-hour with Corin Jovelli bringing you the news headlines.

I've thrown my name into the ring, along with numerous others from a recent nationwide search, for consideration to be the new host of "MIKE'S MORNING SHOW". Right now the MIKE-FM decision-makers are going over all the candidates (including myself) and will begin narrowing the field down to finalists very soon.

I would be lying if I told you I'm not hoping that I get the hosting gig - for it has been a dream of mine to be a morning show host since I was a kid and met Detroit morning radio legend Dick Purtan for the first time at the old WKNR-Keener 13 studios in Dearborn at age 8. It was because of that meeting I became bitten by the 'radio bug' and eventually ended up working in the radio biz for 2 decades - first in Detroit for over 10 years and for the past 1 1/2 years here in Lansing at MIKE-FM. Since coming to Lansing I have grown to love it here. I've met many fantastic people and have enjoyed the sights, sounds, and great places that have made me proud to call Lansing home.

Whatever happens, I love being at MIKE-FM with some of the best radio people I've ever had a chance to work with, and hope to still be around. I appreciate all the emails I've recieved from listeners these past couple of weeks and all the kind words. Feel free to contact the 'powers that be' at MIKE-FM and let them know how you feel about what happens at MIKE'S MORNING SHOW (even if you don't want me as the new host - don't worry, I'm a big boy and I can take it...LOL). I'm sure they would appreciate it.

Have a great week... and enjoy the warm weather (finally!!!).

No comments: